Submission Deadline: 13:00 GMT – January 11, 2018
The Sony World Photography Awards commemorated its tenth anniversary this year, a ten year collaboration between Sony and the World Photography Organisation, introducing one of the world’s foremost photography challenge. It’s aim is to present the most outstanding photography in the world from the past year.
The challenge is free to enter and open to all photographers, the awards are an authentic voice in the photography world, with the ability to shape the professions of its winning, shortlisted and commended photographers.
The Sony World Photography Awards has four challenges
*Please note: candidates must only take part in one of the listed competitions. Once they have successfully submitted their images into one of challenges below, they will not be allowed to participate in the rest.
- Professional – 10 categories, judged on a body of work (Deadline: 13:00 GMT – January 11, 2018)
- Open – 10 categories, rewarding the best single images (Deadline: 13:00 GMT – January 4, 2018)
○ National Awards – Entries submitted to the Open competition are automatically entered into the National Awards based on nationality
- Youth – for all photographers aged 12-19, a single image responding to one brief (Deadline: 13:00 GMT – January 4, 2018)
- Student Focus – for those studying photography (Deadline: 13:00 GMT – December 4, 2017)
- An award money of $30,000 (USD) including the newest Sony digital camera device is shared among winning contestants. Awardees are taken on an 12 month journey, bringing immense exposure and providing a worldwide platform on which to showcase their portfolio.
- Each Spring, the immensely famous Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition, featuring a qualified number of winning, shortlisted and commended images, is curated at the landmark Somerset House, London.
Global exposure is given all the winners, shortlisted as well commended candidates.
Recognized photographers will get:
- Exhibition at Somerset House, London
- Potential to be part of in international exhibitions
- Inclusion in the yearly Sony World Photography Awards book
- Opportunity to work with Sony and other partners on diverse initiatives
The World Photography Organisation has a burgeoning online presence and engages with photography hobbyists and professionals worldwide through its:
- Social platforms
- International partnerships
- Offline events